英语语法练习题精选,高考100题(001) 1. I put him down for a well-educated man. ___________ ?I mean that hes a well-educated man. A. I beg your pardon B. Speak louder, will you C. Whats that D. Will you repeat word for word 2. He__________ he
1. —I put him down for a well-educated man.
—___________ ?—I mean that he's a well-educated man.
A. I beg your pardon B. Speak louder, will you
C. What's that D. Will you repeat word for word
2. He__________ he would be able to leave tomorrow, but it's beginning to took difficult. A. hopes B. was hoping C. had hoped D. hoped
3. —ou___________ stop me.
—Even if you __________it, I won't allow you to swim across the river.
A. mustn't; dare not do B. may ; dare not do
C. can; dare to do D. needn't; dare do
4. ___________she was invited to the ball made her very happy.
A. If B. That C. When D. Because
5. She had golden hair when she was a child, but_________ she got older and older, her hair went darker and darker.
A. while B. when C. after D. as
6. I lost my way in complete darkness and, matters worse, it began to rain.
A. made B. having made C. making D. to make
7. I often have conversations with John over telephone, while keep in touch with Tom by__________ letter.
A. 不填;;the B. 不填;a C. the;不填 D. the; a
8. The most favorite room is the tidy study with a fireplace, we can watch TV and enjoy the nice scenery outside.
A. where B. when C. that D. which
9. —You don't seem to be quite yourself today. What's wrong?
—Oh, I'm suffering from a cold. Nothing serious,
A. yet B. indeed C. though D. anyway
10.___________lessons were not difficult.
A. Our few first short English B. Our first few short English
C. Our few first English short D. Few our first English short
11. Mr. Smith sold that magnificent cottage of his on the sea 2,000,000 dollars.
A. at B. for C. to D. by
12. —Which one can I take?
—-You can take__________ of them; I'll keep none.
A. both B. any C. either D. all
13. What a pity! He____________ the only chance of success.
A. threw away B. put down C. gave in D. broke off
14. —Come in, please. Make yourself at home.
—I'm glad you like it.
A. Thanks. You have a nice place here. B. Oh, this picture is so beautiful!
C. Thanks. What nice food you've prepared!D OK. Let me look around your new house.
15. _________ time and labor, cartoonists generally draw the hands of their characters with only 3 fingers and a thumb.
A. To save B. Saved C. Saving D. Having saved
16. —How much is the T-shirt ___________?—65 dollars.
A. worth B. cost C worthy D. paid
17. —Glad to meet you.—____________
A. So do I. B. How are you? C. How do you do? D. The same to you.
18. —Can I drive on the free way, Mr. Green?
—You can when you____________ a bit more skilled.
A. will get B. are getting C. will have got D. get
19. It is generally considered unwise to give a child___________ he or she wants.
A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
20. For many Beijingers, dreams of living in ___________ green area are becoming___________ reality.
A. a; a B. the; the C. 不填;不填 D. 不填;a
21. My money ___________ . I must go to the bank to draw some of my savings out before I’ve none in hand.
A. has run out B. is running out
C. has been run out D. is being run out
22. For quite____________ students, their teacher’s advice is more important than___________ of their parents’.
A. few ; one B. a few; that C. a little ; some D. a lot; many
23. __________ entered the office when he realized that he had forgotten his report.
A. He hardly had B. Had he hardly
C. Hardly had he D. Hardly he had
24. On the long journey, Peter ________ a most interesting guide. We all had a wonderful time.
A. practiced B. behaved C. proved D. conducted
25. --Do you live____________ near Jim?
--No, he lives in another part of the town.
A. somewhere B. nowhere C. anywhere D. everywhere
26. This photo of mine was taken__________ stood the famous high tower.
A. which B. in which C. where D. there
27. Some of the suspects(嫌疑犯) refused to answer and kept their mouths shut.
A. questioning B. being questioned
C. questioned D. to be questioned
He had little idea that it was getting so late, ___________ ?
A. didn't he B. wasn't it C. did he D. was it
29. Peter won't drive us to the station. He has___________ to take us all.
A. a very small car B. too small a car
C. a too small car D. such a small car
30. You____________ television. Why not do something more active?
A. always watch B. too small a car
C. have always watched D. have always been watchi本资料由《七彩教育网》www.7caiedu.cn 提供！
31.— You must be excited about going to Japan for schooling.
—__________ , but I'm afraid I can't do well because Japanese is poor.
A. Never mind B. Well, I ought to
C. I don’t know yet D. Certainly not
32. —What do you think of your nephew?
—He__________ be very naughty but at the same time you poor.
A. will ; will B. won't; can't C. may ; may D. can; can't
33. Exercise is__________ as any other to lose unwanted weight.
A. so useful a way B. as a useful way
C. as useful a way D. such a useful way
34. —____________ you_________ the editor at the airport?
—No, he__________ away before my arrival.
A. Have... met; has driven B. Had... met; was driven
C. Did... meet; had been driven D. Have... met; had driven
35. —Why didn't you answer my phone when I phoned you at about 11 p. m. yesterday?
—I ___________and failed to hear the phone.
A. might have slept B. must be sleeping
C. might be sleeping D. must have been sleeping
36. His parents meant him_____________ scientific research, but he showed no interest and turned poet.
A. going in for B. to have gone in for
C. to go in for D. having gone in for
37. —What would you wish to do if you were a college student again?
—That's very hard to say, but I wish I when I was a college student.
A. has not studied biology B. did study biology
C. had studied biology D. studied biology
38. He___________ when the bus came to a sudden stop.
A. was almost hurt B. was to hurt himself
C. was hurt himself D. was hurting himself
39. with the size of the whole earth, the highest mountain doesn't seem high at all.
A. When compared B. To compare
C. While comparing D. It compared
40. If you want to see a doctor, fix the date with him ahead of time. This is a common ___________ in the USA.
A. habit B. law C. rule D. custom
41. Nothing__________ after the terrible fire which had been caused by someone smoking in bed.
A. left B. was remained C. remained D. continued
42. Although motor car has been with us for almost a century, I have never been able to drive __________American one.
A. the ; an B. was remained C. a; the D. the ; the
43. It was not a good idea to go skating. You __________your leg.
A. can break B. could break
C. could have broken D. could have been broken
44. —What were you doing when she dropped in?
—I for a while and_________ some reading.
A. was playing; was going to do B. played; did
C. had played; was going to do D. had played; did
45. The queen will visit the town in May, she will open the new hospital.
A. when B. then C. while D. but
46. _________good, the food was soon sold out.
A. Tasted B. Being tasted C. Tasting D. Having tasted
47. I feel silly in these clothes. Everyone will___________ me.
A. worry about B. make fun of
C. get rid of D. take interest in
48. —How did you find your visit to the museum, Jane?
A. Oh, wonderful, indeed B. By taking a number 3 bus
C. I went there alone D. A classmate of mine showed me the way
49. Up to Tuesday's attack, the worst school shooting in the U. S. was in March 1998 in Jonesboro, two boys, aged 11 and 13, shot and killed a teacher and four girls.
A. while B. where C. when D. then
50. When I tried to find _________that prevented so many people from taking part in the program, it seemed to me that there were two main reasons.
A. why it did B. that it did C. what it was D. why it was
51. I tried hard to get some information about the new technology out of his mouth, but he remained____________.
A. quiet B. secret C. silent D. calm
52. —Why ! Where's my passport? Maybe I left it on the plane.
--My Goodness ! You ____________ things behind.
A. had never left B. didn't leave C. never left
53. — Show me your permit, please.
—Oh, it's not in my pocket. It
A. might fall out B. could fall out
C. should have fallen out D. must have fallen out
54. —I'd like to have some lunch but I have to stay here doing my work.
—___________ what you want and I can get it for you.
A. To tell me B. Telling me C. If you tell me D. Tell me
55. "Who Moved My Cheese?", ____________ is a best-selling book, is written by Spencer Johnson.
A. which B. that C. it D. what
56. —Our holiday cost a lot of money.
—Did it? Well ,that doesn't matter____________ you enjoyed yourselves.
A. unless B. in case C. as far as D. as long as
57. O'Neal works hard. He is often seen _______ heavily before his teammates have even arrived at practice.
A. sweated B. to be sweated C. sweating D. being sweated
58. Travelers_______________ that they should bring their ID cards with them.
A. have reminded B. are reminded
C. were reminding D. had been reminded
59. —Look at these tracks. It __________ be a wolf.
—It needn't be. It be a fox.
A. must ; could B. may ; might
C. need ; must D. could ; need
60. I've visited a lot of different places and stayed in lots of different hotels, but none of them___________ this one.
A. makes B. beats C. compares D. matches
61 --I hope he won't get ill during the examinations.
--___________ . He has been very well recently.
A. Certainly B. No C. Not D. Yes
62 The movie is__________ boring; it is, in fact, rather exciting and interesting.
A. anything but B. nothing but C. no more' D. all but
63 Why didn't you tell me there was no meeting today? I all the way here through the heavy snow.
A. needn't have driven B. can't have driven
C. mustn't have driven D. shouldn't have driven
64 The shop manager always says to his assistants, "We can never be customers.
A. so B. too C. that D. more
65 Mr. Smith__________ the roll of film as soon as he arrived home
A. got down to wash B. got down to develop
C. got down to washing D. got down to developing
66 --The two pairs of shoes are __________ the same colour.
--But they are different __________ colour.
A. of; from B. of; in C. in; from D. in; in
67 The gas tank____________ twenty gallons of gas, but now it may____________ only three gallons.
A. holds; contain B. holds; be contained
C. is held; contain D. is held; be contained
68 They suggested not only to the party but also give a performance.
A. did we go B. should we go C. we should go D. thought
69 The president of the country was well of when he was in power.
A. praised B. fond C. appreciated D. thought
70 --Why has he been staying at home these days?
--He ___________ since a month ago.
A. has been out of work B. was out of work
C. has lost his work D. had left from his work
71、he reason__________ their failure you know is they didn't get fully prepared for the experiment.
A. why.., that B. that.., why
C. for.., that D. why.., because
72、_________ great help, I could get rid of all the difficulty and succeeded.
A. Offered B. Having offered
C. Being supplied D. Having supplied
73、ack's won _____________ holiday in London.
--_________ lucky fellow !
A. a; A B. the; The C. a; The D. the; A
74、 _________think you're clever, but that doesn't give you the right to order me about!
A. should B. would C. could D. might
75、hich play shall we go and see?
A. I'm afraid we can't B. I don't think it's interesting
C. Yes, I quite agree with you D. I'll leave it to you
76、I didn't know this was a one-way street, officer.
A. That's all right. B. I don't believe you.
C. How dare you say that? D. Sorry, but that's no excuse.
77、e Bunsen Burner is so named because it is thought ___________ by Robert Bunsen.
A. to be invented B. having been invented
C. invented D. to have been invented
78、'm told that John had another car accident this morning.
--I believe not. He _________so careless.
A. shouldn't have been B. wouldn't have been
C. couldn't have been D. mustn't have been
79、ould you give me a hand __________from the car, please?
A. to carry the shopping B. for carrying the shopping
C. and carrying the shopping D. carrying the shopping
80、hy haven't you finished your homework yet? You___________ to have finished it by last Sunday.
A. are supposed B. were supposed
C. are supposing D. were supposing
81、-The news is spreading from mouth to mouth.
--Yes, it has become__________ talk of__________ town.
A. a ; a B. the ;不填 C. the ; the D. a ;不填
82、heir tent,__________ light as a feather, remained firm in the storm last night.
A. as if B. even C. though D. if
83、he amount of money for the seriously sick child was soon collected.
A. to need B. needed C. needing D. which needed
84、_________ was it_________ they discovered the entrance to the underground place?
--Totally by chance.
A. How; that B. What ; that C. When; when D. Where; that
85、is usually not quite cold in this area in March, but sometimes temperature be very low.
A. should B. can C. must D. shall
86、er you have used the dictionary, please just put it back it belongs.
A. where B. to which C. what D. that
87、ou went late the stadium yesterday evening, didn't you?
--Yes, my wife was a little late _________ the supper.
A. to ; with B. for; with C. for; for D. at ; for
88、-Do you know when the Chinese custom_________ from?
--It's hard to say. But its characteristics__________ the Tang Period.
A. began ; prove B. started ; show
C. is ; appear D. dates ; suggest
89、 the preparations, we're ready to start.
A. made B. being made
C. having made D. have been made
90--Did Mary come to your birthday party?
--No. I __________ her, but she was away on business.
A. would like to invite B. would have liked to invite
C. must have invited D. could invite
91. I'd like to be a professional singer, but I don't think I've got
A. a good voice enough B. a good enough voice
C. a voice enough good D. an enough good voice
92. It may not rain, but you had better take an umbrella__________.
A. in case B. as well C. as least D. in need
93. Don't be joking. It's time to____________ your business.
A. set out B. take up C. go on D. get down
94. She liked the dictionary so much that she would like to take it ____________ it cost.
A. why B. how much C. whatever D. how expensive
95. The boss____________ the worker how to do it, or the accident couldn't have happened.
A. can't have told B. ought to tell
C. could have told D. mustn't have told
96. He is believed____________ in at his office on his way home.
A. dropping B. to have dropped
C. having dropped D. to be dropped
97. Moreover, __________you may hardly believe, the examiners had decided in advance to fail half the students taking part in the exams.
A. which B. that C. who D. whom
98. I can't make a decision now. I need _________ more time to think it over.
A. rather B. fairly C. quite D. lot
99. --Tell me where you live, please.
A. in 123 ,King Street B. at 123 ,King Street
C. in King Street, 123 D. at King Street, 123
100. --Which coat would you prefer, sir?
--I’11 take___________, to have a change sometimes.
A. all them B. them all C. both them D. them both
4．B本题是名词性从句的考查。that引导she was invited to the ball的从句作为整个句子的主语。
6．D to make matters worse是固定用法，在本题中充当插入语。
7．C本题考查冠词的用法。前一个空over the telephone表示“通过电话”；by letter表示“通过写信”，by表示方式后直接接一个名词。
12．D本题是情景对话的考查。考生的关键是抓住I’ll keep none．none说明所拿走的东西至少有三个，而且可以全部拿走，所以选D。
17．C本题是情景对话的考查。A应为So am I。D项常用于祝福语或问候语的回答。
21．B本题仍是考查时态的用法。run out是指用完。由于受到后面句子中before I’ve none in hand的限制，表明钱还没用完。
22．B quite a few指的是许多。后面空格that替代前面的单词advice。
24．C本题考查动词的用法。首先理解句子的意思：“漫长的旅途中，彼特被证明是一个很有趣的导游。我们都玩得很开心。”prove后接to be+形容词，to be可以省略。
27．C本题是省略的使用。考生可以恢复原句：Some of the suspects(who were)questioned refused to answer and kept their mouths shut．
30．B本题是副词位置和动词时态的考查。be always doing表示总是干什么
32．D本题考查情态动词的用法，前一空填“可能”含义的情态动词，排除A、B。后一空为惯用法，can't help doing是禁不住干某事。
35．D本题可以采用排除法。问句中提供整个过程表示过去的行为。情态动词后接完成时表示对过去的猜测，故排除B、C。问句中有“at about 11 p．m．”具体的时间点，所以选D。
36．B mean在本题中意为“想”，相当于want，用法为mean sb．to do，。而go in for表示“从事”。整句话为一般过去时，故不定式之后用完成时形式表过去。
39．A本题考查省略的用法。分句和主句的主语一致，when引导分句的主语省略，原句应为“when the highest mountain is compared with the size of the whole earth”。
43．C本题关键为抓住题中提供的信息。“It was not a good idea'’表明动作发生于过去，情态动词后接动词完成式表明对过去动作的猜测。
44．C本题的时态考查具有一定的迷惑性。“she dropped in”发生于“play'’与“do some reading'’之间，故play用过去完成时，而do some reading用过去将来时。
46．C注意系动词用主动形式表示被动，如The food tastes good．
47．B本题为词组的辨析，worry about意为“担心”，make fun 0f意为“取笑”，get瑚0f意为“清除”，take interest in意为“对……感兴趣”，故B项符合题意。
49．C本题关键是辨明横线后为完整句“two boys，aged 11 and 13，shot and killed a teacher and four girls'’，其中aged 11 and 13为插入语。
55．A本题为定语从句，“Who Moved My Cheese?'’是定语从句的先行词。非限定性定语从句中用which，不用that。
56．D本题是对惯用短语的考查，unless意为“除非”，in case为“万一”，as far as为“就……而言”，as long as为“只要”，显然D符合题意。
57．C非谓语动词的考查是本题的目的。see somebody doing表示看见某人一直正在干某事，题干中只是将主动变成了被动。
62．A anything but表示“根本不”的含义。
63．A needn't have done意为“本来不需要”；D为“本来不应该”。
65．D此题考查的是固定词组，get down to后可直接接名词或动词-ing形式。
66．B of the same接名词用作表语，意为“同样的颜色”；be different in接名词，表示在某方面不同。
69．D think of用于被动为be thou曲t of，B项be fond of后须接名词或代词；A、C项后不用接of。
77．D本句考查动词的被动语态和时态，it+is+动词ed形式，to do是固定的搭配用法。而Bunsen Burner的发明是过去发生的动作，所以用完成时态。
78．C本题考查时态的掌握情况，问句是“有人告诉我约翰今天早晨出了交通事故”，答句应为“我不相信，他不可能这么不小心。”只有c项为此意思，shouldn't have done表示“本来不应该……”，mustn't have done表示“禁止做”。
79．A此题为固定的动词词组用法。give sb．a hand to do something意思与help sb．(to)do一样。
80．B本题考查的是be supposed to的用法。题意为“你为什么还没完成作业?你上个周日就应该完成了。”在本题中be supposed to have finished相当于should have finished，意为“本来应该完成而实际上没有”。
84、本题是强调句的考查。考生可以将问句转为陈述句语气，这样题意就比较清晰：“It was how that they discovered the entrance to the underground place．”
87、本题第一空要千万当心go late to some place而不是be late for，所以B、C、D三项错误，答句意思为“是的，我的妻子吃晚饭时晚了一会儿。”
88、本题关键是抓住答句中所提供的信息，“It's hard to say'’，这表明回答者并不很肯定。而prove证明，show表明，排除A，B。前一空date from意为“追溯至……”
90、本题对话首先提供的信息为一般过去时，所以限定了所要填定信息的时态。would like to一般用于表示现在时，而句中时态为过去，所以需用would have liked to
92．A in case意为“以防万一”；as well意为“也”；at least意为“至少”；in need意为“需要”。
93．B take up意为“开始做”；set out开始做应用to do；go on应用with表示继续；get down应为to do。
96．B首先be belived to do是固定用法；drop in at接地点表示拜访某地。
100．D注意答句中“have a change'’，说明是两者之间，排除A、B两项。both修饰代词或名词应为both of them或them both。所以应为D项。
1. --Hello, this is 77553861.
A. How are you? B. Will you come tonight?
C. Can I take a mesage? D. Is that Mike?
2. Tom suggested that we __________such a meeting, but Jenny insisted that it _________of great importance.
A. not hold ; should be B. didn't hold ; be
C. hold ; was D. not hold ; was
3. You should take the medicine after you read the __________.
A. lines B. instructions C. words D. suggestions
4. --Hi, Tracy, you look tired.
--I am tired. I__________ the living-room all day.
A. painted B. have been painting
C. had painted D. have painted
5. I'm sorry. I _____________ you__________ to me.
A. don't know; are speaking
B. don't know ;were speaking
C. didn't know; were speaking
D. didn't know; are speaking
6. "Please __________why you're so late," said his girlfriend.
A. excuse B. explain C. apologize D. tell
7. The rescue team made every __________ to find the missing mountain climber.
A. force B. energy C. effort D. possibility
8. --" Would you mind the window? It's hot here!" May said.
--"__________. "Tom replied.
A. to open ; No, please B. open ; Yes, please
C. opening; No, of course not D. opening ; Yes, please
9. The murderer was brought in, with his hands behind his back.
A. to be tied B. being tied C. tied D. having tied
10. The reason_________ he didn't come was _________ he had to take care of his sick mother.
A. why ; that B. why ; which
C. which ; why D. that ; for
11. We __________ so tired. We've only been to a party.
A. mustn't have felt B. wouldn't have felt
C. shouldn't have felt D. couldn't have felt
12. The girl__________ on the ground __________to me that she had___________ the book on the shelf.
A. lying ; lay ; laid B. lay ; lied ; laid
C. lie ; lied ; lay D. lying; lied ; laid
13. --I heard that as many as 4 000 people were killed in 9
--Yes. __________ news came as __________shock to us.
A. the ; the B. the ; a C, / ; / D. / ; a
14. Neither of them knew what was doing.
A. other B. others C. the other D. another
15. Sometimes words alone were not enough to _________pupils along the path of knowledge
A. provide B. persuade C. advise D. cause
16. --What when I phoned you?
A. had you done; finished
B. were you doing; had just finished
C. did you do; had just finished
D. were you doing; was finishing
17. My uncle___________ until he was forty-five.
A. married B. didn’t marry
C. was not marrying D. would marry
18. Scientists say it may be five or ten years___________ it is possible to test this medicine on human patients.
A. since B. before C. after D. when
19. --I can't find Mr. Smith.
--It was in the hotel___________ he stayed.
A. that B. where C. which D. since
20. Our new house is very___________ for me as I can get to the office in five minutes
A. convenient B. comfortable C. natural D. helpful
21. --I don't think we have met before.
--Yes, once at a party, but we___________.
A. weren't introduced B. didn't introduce
C. haven't introduced D. were not introducing
22. You look so tired tonight. It is high time you_________.
A. went to bed B. went to sleep C. go to bed D. to sleep
23. People greatly__________ in their views of life.
A. lead B. differ C. bring D. struggle
24. __________ she couldn't understand was__________ fewer and fewer students showed interest
in her lessons.
A. What; why B. That ; what C. What ; because D.
25.The __________ is just around the corner and you won't miss it.
A. bicycle's shop B. bicycle shop
C. bicycles shop D. bicycles’ shop
26. --The prison was ___________ fire last night.
--Someone must have set fire___________ it.
A. on ; with B. on ; to C. over; with D. should
27. Keep up good state of mind even if you___________ fail plenty of times.
A. must B. will C. can D. should
28. Sandy could do nothing but _________ to his teacher that he was wrong.
A. admit B. admitted C. admiting D. to
29. I know nothing about the young lady ___________ she is from Beijing.
A. except B. except for C. except that D. besides
30. --Have you any oranges and apples?
A. Yes, madam, on the second shelf over there B. The oranges are very cheap.
C. You like apples, don’t you? D. Of course, we have some fruits.
31. We had ___________ wonderful time_________the party_______ other day.
A. a,on,the B./,at,on C. a,at,the D./,on,/
32. It's said that __________ is going to give us a lecture.
A. an American famous young B. a famous American youg
C. a famous young American D. a young famous American
33. Nearly________ of the surface of our planet is covered by water.
A. seven-ten B. seven-tenth C. seven-tenths D. seventh-ten
34. You must have waited here for a long time ,___________you?
A. mustn't B. didn't C. haven't D. hadn't
35. China has hundreds of islands, ___________ is Taiwan Island.
A. among them the largest B. and the largest of which
C. and the largest of them D. but in which the largest
36. --You don't look so well, Mary. What's the matter with you?
A. I'm quite myself B. Fine, think you
C. I felt bad D. I'm not myself
37. This new-type machine____________ little room.
A. takes up B. is taken up
C. has been taken up D. is taking up
38. It is impossible for____________ little room.
A. so, such B. so, so C. such a, so D. such, such
39. --You forgot your keys when you left home in the morning.
A. so did I. B. so I did. C. so you did. D. so did you.
40. __________ it rain, the crops_____________.
A. Shall,would be saved B. Should, would be saved
C. Would, should be safe D. Were, might be safe
41. —Do you regret paying 500 dollars for your necklace?
--No, I would gladly pay__________ for it.
A. two times as much B. twice as many
C. twice as much D. as twice as much
42.________ is quite natural,a beginner can't read the books written in English very quickly.
A. Which B. As C. What D. It
43. Take a taxi,___________ you'll miss your train.
A. in B. during C. throughout D. within
45. I coutdn't have got to the meeting on time____________ an earlier train.
A. if I had not caught B. unless I had caugh
C. if ! did not catch D. unless I caugh
46. The black horse is___________ of the pair.
A. the strongest B. the stronger
C. the strong D. quite strong
47. It is a rule in his family that __________ comes home earlier should cook the dinner for the family.
A. anybody B. who C. who that D. whoever
48. I really wonder__________ he has posted me many parcels___________ we didn’t work together.
49. --How long ___________ each other before they__________ married?
--For about a year.
A. have they known;get B. did they know; were going to get
C. do they know;are going to get D. had they known; got
50. Michael __________ here to see you and he____________ a note on your desk.
A. has come; had left B. has been; has left
C. has come; left D. has been; left
51. —When__________ and visit our exhibition next month?
— When_______, I will let you know.
A. will he come; he will come B. will he come; he comes
C. does he come; he will come D. does he come; he comes
52. What worried the child most was _________ to visit his mother in the hospital.
A. his not allowing B. his not being allowed
C. his being not allowed D.having not been allowed
53. I__________ you somewhere before, but your name has escaped me_________.
A. must see;for a moment B. must have seen; for a moment
C. must see;for the moment D. must have seen; for the moment
54. We're leaving at six o'clock ,and hope_________ most of the journey by lunch time.
A. to do B. to have done C. to make D. to have made
55. She was afraid __________ the dog in case it became dangerous.
A. of exciting B. to excite C. that she excited D. to be exciting
56．The bad weather meant__________ the rocket launch(发射)for 48 hours,．
A.delaying B．having delayed
C.to delay D．to have delayed
57．D0 you consider it any good__________the truck again?
A．to repair B．repairing
C．repaired D．being repairing
58．_____________to somebody，a British person often shakes hands with the stranger.
A．Introducing B．To introduce
C．To be int．roduced D．On being introduced 。
59．__________ in thought，he almost ran into the car in front of him．
A．Losing B．Having lost C．Lost D．To
60．Mary ___________to see you．She．_________ for you downstairs at the moment．
A．has come；is waiting B．came；is waiting
C．has come；waited D．came；was waiting
61. --Have you ever seen Peter recently?
--Yes. He__________ me to ask you how you___________ along with your new job these days.
A. has asked;have been getting B. asked ;were getting
C. often asks;are getting D. asked;are getting
62. The managers discussed the plan that they would like to see___________ the next year
A. carry out B. carrying out C. carried out D. to carry out
63. --I'll help you whenever you need me,
--I would love____________.
A. you helping B. that you'll help C. you to help D. that you help
64. I hope____________ the job she's applied for(申请).
A. she's going to get B. she'll get
C. she is to get D. she decides to get
65. Mrs. Green wants to buy that kind of cloth because she___________ that the cloth__________ very well.
A. has been told;washes B. is told;is washed
C. has been told ;is washed D. is told ;is washed
66. Let us not waste____________ time we have left.
A. the little B. little C. a little D. a little more
67. I think the doctor is able to cure of
A. all B. what C. whatever D. anything
68. __________ , we'll come to see you again.
A. If time will permit B. Time permits
C. Time permitting D. Time permited
69. --Nancy is not coming tonight.
--But she ___________ !
A. promises B. promised C. will promise D. had promised
70.__________ some maddals came to live in the sea is not
A. Which B. Since C. Although D. How
71. --Paul, I'd like to have a talk with you at tea break.
-- __________ Have what with me?
A. Yes, please. B. Sorry? C. Thanks. D. You're welcome.
72. If you ____________ stop smoking, you can only expect to have a bad cough.
A. won’t B. would not C. do not D. can not
73. He's unlucky,and he's always suffering____________ luck one after another.
A. a sick B. an ill C. sick D. ill
74. The news about the terrible flood there greatly discouraged _ there for a sightseeing.
A. us from going B. us to go C. our going D. our to go
75. If I had__________ , I’d visit Europe, stopping at all the small interesting places.
A. a logn enough holiday B an enough long holiday
C. a holiday enough long D. a long holiday enough
76. Nobody noticed the thief slip into the house because the lights happened to__________.
A. put up B. give in C. be turned on D. go out
77. Besides Tom, ________ Crosettes have two other sons, __________ of whom are all interested in making model planes.
A. 不填; two B. 不填; the two
C. the, three D. the, the three
78. Mr. Zhang gaVeall textbooks to all the pupils, except___________ who had already taken tem.
A. these B. dnes C. the ones D. the others
79. ____________professional violinist practices for several hours a day, but____________ violinist has his own way of playing the Beethoven concert.
A. Each, every B. Every, each C. One, a D. All, each
80.—Who has taken my pen away?
—__________. He was here a moment ago.
A. It must be Li Ping B. It is Li Ping take
C. Li Ping is D. Li Ping must take
81. My dictionary__________. I have looked for it everywhere but still
A. has lost;do not find B. is missing;do not find
C. has lost;have not found D. is missing;have not found
82. Shortly after the accident, two___________ police were sent to the spot to keep order.
A. dozens of B. dozens C. dozen of D. dozen
83. —May I have another chocolate?
—Yes, of course.___________.
A. Take it yourself B. Eat it, please
C. Help yourself D. Have it yourself
84. We will take________ wants to go there for a sight - seeing.
A. whoever B. who C. anybody D. all that
85. I caught the last bus from town, but Harry came home___________ that night.
A. very late B. even later C. the same late D. the last one
86. --What was the party like?
--Wonderful. It is years_____________ I enjoyed myself so much.
87. Isn't it very kind __________ your parents to do that for us?
A. for B to C. about D. of
88. There is a _________ of 1000 dollars for the return
A. reward B. prize C. thank D. prsise
89. A man does not know the difficulty of anything_________ he does it personally.
A. although B. if C. because D. unless
90. I don't remember___________ to the airport that year.
A. to be taken B. being taken C. having D. to take
91. We liked the oil painting better____________ we looked at it.
A. as B. while C. the D. the more
92. I don't skate now, but I___________ when I was a kid.
A. used to B. am used to it C. sued D. used to do
93. He didn’t seem to mind_____________ TV while he was trying to study
A. them to watch B. that they watch
C. their watching D. watching
94. Flight BA 123 to Vienna is now boarding at
A. Gate 21 B. 21St Gate C. the Gate 21 D. 21 Gate
95. --Did you enjoy yourself yesterday?
--Yes. As you saw , ________ party went on in____________ most pleasant atmosphere.
A. the; a B. the; the C. a; the D. a; a
96. —He isn’t particular about his food.
—Yes, he eats_____________ anything.
A. nearly B. mostly C. almost D. possibly
97. You____________ this morning if you really wanted to see it yourself.
A. ought to come B. mostly C. almost D. possibly
98. __________ you understand the rule, you will have no further difficulty.
A. While B. Once C. Though D. Unless
99. --Whose advice do you think I should take?
A. You speak B. That's it
C. It’s up to you D. You got it
100. Jack is one of those men who_________ best evening the most difficult situations.
A. his B. your C. their D. one's
2．D本题是虚拟语气的考查，虽然高考对虚拟语气不作要求，但是此题涉及单词的使用，还是值得重视。前一空中本应为should not hold，但should省略；后一空不用虚拟语气，insist在这儿指“坚决认为”。
5．C本题一直是考生的一个难点。一定要注意I am sorry表明后面所说的动作已经发生，要用一般过去式。
7．C本题是一道名词的辨析题。make every effort是固定的词组，意为“付出努力”。
9．C本题又是一道独立主格结构中的省略考查。同样的方法，将原句恢复：“with hands(where were)tied behind his back．”
13．B本题是冠词的考查。News特指前面一个人所说的话，所以加上the；后一个空为固定用法，a shock t0 sb．表示“给某人震惊”。
16．B前一个空受到when I phoned you的限制，要用过去进行时。后一个空关键是理解，“我刚刚完成作业，开始洗澡”。
22．A本题是虚拟语气的考查。It is(hi曲)time that后接的从句中谓语动词需用过去式。go to bed是固定用法。
26．B本题是介词的固定用法考查。on fire是指“着火”；set fire to是指“放火”。
29．C本题是词类的辨析。except表示“除了”，排除的事物不包括在主语的范围内。except for表示“美中不足”。except that表示“除了”，后接从句。besides表示“除了”，排除的事物包括在主语的范围内。
31．C本题是冠词的考查。have a wonderful time就相当于have a good time；the other day表示“前几天”。
34．C本题是反意疑问句的考查。must的反意疑问句不是对must进行反问，因为陈述句部分中有for a long time，所以对have waited进行反问。
36．A本题是交际用语的考查。对话中why?是语气词，表示不同意的语气。I'm quite myself意为“自我感觉良好”。
38．C本题是副词惯用法的考查。so+adj．+a／an+n．和such+a／an+adj. +n. 但是一旦句中出现little(少)，much，many，few必须用s。。此题中little是形容词“小的”。
44．B介词during后面总是一个表示时间的名词，这一名词可以指整段时间。这一名词也可以指一段时间中的时点或时刻，如：She has phoned him four times during the last half an hour。(在刚才的半个小时内，她给他打过四次电话。)在这个例句里during可以被介词in代替，因为in具有within a period(在一段时间内)的意思。
45．B if．．．not和unless有时也不能互相替换。unless不能用于“由于未发生B而发生A”的句子里，如：1 will be quite斟ad if she does not come this evening。unless常用来引导一个谈及过去的事后的想法，unless从句跟着主句，通常用破折号而不是逗号将它与主句分开。
46．B英语表示“两个里择一的哪一个更．_．…•”的名词前的比较级前面应该使用定冠词the。pair的词义是“一对”或“一双”，此处的the pair词义是two horses fastened side by side to a cart(两匹套在车辕的马)。因此，此处应该使用the stronger。
47．D whoever有两个词义：(1)no matter who，在这种用法时引导一个让步状语从句；(2)anybody that，在这种用法时，它连接一个名词性从句，在本题中它连接的是主语从句。
48．D英语中的连词since有这样的特性：终止其后从句中的延续性的谓语动词的动作。第二个空白处填人since之后，这个从句的意思是：自从我们不在一起工作起。此外，since还可使其后从句里的非延续性的谓语的动作延续。例如：It is 15 years since he joined the Army．(他参军已经十五年了。)
50．D此处的has been here表示“刚才到这儿来过”，从字面上看这个表达方式是现在完成时，但实际上这个表达方式的内涵是该人已不在此处了。因此这个动作是发生在过去的事，那么该在你的书桌上留便条的动作也该用一般过去时。
53．D mlast与不定式的完成时连用表示对过去发生的事持肯定态度的推断，在疑问句中用can，在持否定态度的推断时用can not。for a moment表示一个动作延续了一会儿，而for the moment则表示“目前；暂时”。
54．B不定式的完成时用来表示这个动作发生在谓语动作之前，或是表示该动作的完成。本题中不定式的完成时表示的正是该动作的完成，因此这句话可改写为：We're leaving at six o'clock，and hope that we will have done most the iourney bv lunch time．
55．B be afraid后面既可以跟不定式be afraid t0 d0 sth．，又可以跟动名词be afraid of doing sth．，但前者的意思是：害怕／不敢做某事；后者的意思为：对可能出现的结果的发愁或忧虑。
56．A mean后既可跟不定式(mean to do sth．)，又可以跟名词mean doing sth．,两者内涵是有很大区别的，前者表示“故意去做；诚心去做”而后者表示“意味着要做”。
57．B本题是固定用法的考查。It is good后面需接动词．ing形式。
59．C过去分词有三个用途：(1)表示被动，如：the oppressed people(=people who are oppressed) 被压迫的人们；（2）表示完成，如：the fallen leaves (=the leaves which have fallen) 落叶：（3）表示状态，如lostin though陷入沉思。
60. A 解本题需要使用逆向思维，先考虑第二个空白处的选项，再考虑第一空白处的答案。因为第二句中交代了一个重要的时间状语； at the moment （现在），因此应毫不犹豫地选择is waiting这一现在进行时的时态。据此，第一句的句意也就随着清晰起来：“玛丽已经到这儿来看望你。”很明显表示对现在选成影响的动作使用在完成时态
62．C本题考查的是定语从句的用法。在这个定语从句里，they是其主语，would like to see是其复合谓语，that修饰的是先行词the plan，同时that也是see的宾语，the plan是被执行的，被实施的，只有过去分词可以表示被动。
63．C本题考查的是动词不定式，应该掌握1 would love／like to do／have done这个固定用法。所以本题的正确答案是C。
64．B will或shall用来表示希望或期望。因此在表示与希望有关的动词或动词短语的宾语从句中的将来时态时，要用will或shall。这些动词或短语是：hope，expect，be sure，believe，think，suppose，doubt和be afraid等。
65．A根据语境，第一个空白处应该使用现在完成时的被动语态，第二个空白处应该选用washes，因为wash这个动词也可作不及物动词使用，它的词意是“耐洗”。英语中This cloth washes well表达的是：这布很耐洗。
66．A一般地说，不定代词many，little或few前是不许使用定冠词的，但是如果他们修饰的名词有特指或限定意义时，它们前面就应使用定冠词了。如：I soon finished the few books she had lent me．(她借给我的那几本书，我很快就看完了乎)
67．C whatever具备两个意思，其一是no matter what，引导让步状语从句；其二是anything that，引导名词性从句，在本题中，whatever引导的是一个宾语从句，whatever 在这个宾语从句中被用作主语。
71．B本题是交际用语的考查。解此题的关键是看到答句中have what with me，说明说话人没有听清楚问话人，只有B项符合题意。
72．A will除了用作表示将来时的助动词外，还可用来强调愿意或不愿意。又如：If you will／would wait a moment，1 will fetch the money。但是在表示不肯或不愿意时，则只能使用won't，不能使用would not。
74．A discourage与encourage互为反义词。英语中说“鼓励某人做某事”时使用encourage sb．to do sth．，但如果表示“使某人没勇气做某事”时，不能用discourage sb．to do sth．，其正确形式是：discourage sb from doing stho
79．B every与each都是指“每一个”，但内涵不一样。every与all含义很接近。英文中常用every进行概括，强调事物或人的总体性，而each则表示个别概念，当我们说each violinist时，我们想到的是每个不同的人做着不同的事。
81．D lose是个及物动词，如果要表示某物丢失了，只能用被动语态。A项与C项 使用的都是其主动形式。missing是形容词，其词义是：lost；not to be found(丢失了)， 据此，第一空缺处应填人is missing。根据语境，第二个空缺处应填使用现在完成时的否定形式，因为它可以表示目前还未发生的动作。
82．D英语中一些表示数字的名词的前面如果用了数词，这些名词必须是单数形式，如dozen(一打)，score(二十)和head(头)等，例如：另外两打鸡蛋another two dozen eggs。但是如果这些名词用来虚指某些可数名词时，这些名词呈复数形式，其后要加上介词of，例如：dozens of pencils(几十支铅笔)。
84．A whoever具备两个意思，其一是no matter who，引导让步状语从句；其二是anyone who，引导名词性从句，在本题中，whoever引导的是一个宾语从句，whoever在这个宾语从句中用作主语。
86．D英语中“It is+时间”有三种不同的用法。其一是：“It is+时间+that…”，这是强调结构的句型；其二是：“It is+一段时间before…”，这一句型的意思是：“完这个从句所表示的事所需的时间量”；其三是：“It is+一段时间+since．．．”这一句型表示的是从从句中动词的动作起所延续的时间。
87．D本题是固定用法的考查。It is+形容词+of／for+sb．+t0 do是固定的句型。但两个句型用法不同，如果形容词表示人的性质，如kind，nice等必须用of。
88．A本题是词语辨析题。只要理解the return of the gold ring，考生就能知道1000 dollars是作为答谢，故用reward。
89．D连词unless本身具有否定意义：i￡．．not，引导的是否定的条件句，这种否定的条件句从反面来强调的语气，一些语法学家称它为“反面的惟一条件句”，如： One cannot master a foreign language well unless he studies it hard．
92．A本题是词语辨析。used to表示“过去常常”，后面常接动词原形，be used to 后接动词-ing形式，名词或代词，表示“习惯于……”。
97．C本题是情态动词的考查。ought to have done表示“本来应该做但实际上没有做”，相当于should have done。