2019.5.11 作业 英语的there be与it句型练习题目 (41)
2019.5.11 作业 英语的there be与it句型练习题目 (41) There be是英语中最常见的又是非常重要的句型,它是表示存在 的一种基本方式,其句型结构通常为:There be + sb./sth. + somewhere/doing sth.但作为英语教师,仅仅知道这点用法还远远不够,There be还有更多
1. In the eastern part of New Jersey __________, a major shipping and manufacturing center.
A. lies the city of Elizabeth B. the city of Elizabeth
C. around the city of Elizabeth D. there lie the city of Elizabeth
2. It isn’t cold enough for there _________ a frost tonight, so I can leave Jim’s car out quite safely.
A. would be B. being C. was D. to be
3. The students expected there ________ more reviewing classes before the final exam.
A. be B. being C. have been D. to be
4. There _________ no fresh drinking water and no good farm land, it was not a comfortable
place in which to live.
A. be B. was C. were D. being
5. If ever again __________ happens an accident like this, we will have only ourselves to blame.
A. it B. so C. there D. that
6. He said it was impossible for _________ a mistake in a computer’s calculation, so you can rly on that.
A. there being B. there would be C. there to be D. there was
7. Ann never dreams of _________ for her to be sent abroad very soon.
A. there being a chance B. there to be a chance
C. there be a chance D. being a chance
8. Once he starts talking about Chinese or foreign affairs, ancient or modern, __________.
A. there is no stopping of him B. he is not to stop
C. there is no stopping him D. it is no stopping him
9. The chairman insisted that there be a meeting ___________ within the shortest possible time.
A. to hold B. to be held C. to have been held D. to be holding
10. Where _________ dirt, there are flies.
A. there has B. is C. there is D. has there
11. Around the world _________ may be as many as a million earthquakes in a single year.
A. yet B. they C. there D. has there
12. _________ no air, there would be no life on the earth.
A. There was B. There were C. Was there D. Were there
13. ________, she went back to her room.
A. There was no cause for alarm B. Without having cause for alarm
C. Being no cause for alarm D. There being no cause for alarm
14. ________ to the railway station, we missed the train.
A. There is no bus B. No bus goes
C. There not being any bus D. Not any bus
15. He said, “_________ a long way to school. _________ a long way to go yet before we arrive.”
A. It is … There is B. There is … It is
C. It is … It is D. There is … There is
16. There has been a great increase in retail sales, ________?
A. does there B. isn’t there C. hasn’t there D. isn’t it
17. We left the meeting, there obviously ________ no point in staying.
A. were B. being C. to be D. having
18. There is no point _________ with him, since he has already made up his mind.
A. argue B. to argue C. in arguing D. of arguing
19. There was a real possibility that these animals could be frightened, ________ a sudden loud noise.
A. being there B. should there be C. there was D. there having been
20. The house improvements have taken _________ little there is of my spare time.
A. how B. what C. that D. some
1---5 A D D D C
6—10 C A C B C
11-15 C D D C A
16-20 C B C B B